Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Canyoning on Katy's Birthday!!!


Today was an incredible day! For Katy's birthday, after one of the best hotel breakfasts in the world, we went canyoning with the best company in Switzerland, "Alpin Raft"...which involved sliding down waterfalls and chutes, jumping into big pools of water, rappelling off into waterfalls, and other crazy canyon stuff! We were expecting it to warm up today, but it was still down in the 60's...and the water wasnt much warmer. After a fun morning in the Saxeten canyon, we came back to the hotel and took a nice warm nap. We were so stiff and sore when we woke up from the nap that we took it easy for the rest of the day. After some real swiss cheese sandwiches, we took an easy hour and a half long stroll up and down the river that flows through the Lauterbrunnen Valley. When we got back, Katy had a great birthday surprise from the hotel...a bottle of champagne and some fresh wildflowers. The Hotel Staubbach rocks! Now we're enjoying the champagne and a couple beers on the balcony. Tonight we plan on having a nice big birthday dinner and crashing hard in the bed after:) We posted some more pictures of Switzerland and more importantly pictures from canyoning on the slideshow...SO DONT MISS THEM!!! Tomorrow we are going to rent some mountain bikes and see the mountain tops and the valley in a different, fun way.

1 comment:

  1. OOOHHH My Goodness!! I knew why I was praying today! That was something else!! I can't even begin to tell you! When I was looking at the pictures, Darthvader and Princess, I was at a loss for words!! I know the water temp. must have been well below freezing. I checked the temp. for Interlaken now and it is 54'. I bet Katy is the only person on Planet Earth that did this for her birthday! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!! You did it up in style!! Darth, you looked pretty cute yourself!! I love you all. PLEASE take care!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete