Monday, June 8, 2009

More News from Lisbon

Well, I thought I (Katy) would finally contribute to our blog. I was so sick last week with a stomach virus that we didn't get to do too much. I would drag myself to the museum for part of the day and spend most of the other time in bed. Brad took such good care of me, even figuring out the Portuguese word for diarrhea to tell the pharmacist :) I am happy to report that I am feeling much better. We went to two really good movies, X-men and Star Trek. The theaters were really nice and only 5 euros. On Saturday, we slept late and then went for a long walk around the city. We came across a free jazz festival in one of the city parks and enjoyed some good beer and music in the park. On Sunday, we woke up early and headed for the beach. We stopped in town for some pizza. After we ordered we watched the cook in the kitchen just standing around for a while. Then the cook handed the waiter a plastic bag, he left and came back a few minutes later with plates banging. I guess they must have ordered out and delivered it for us. But it was hot and good, so we couldn't complain. After lunch we headed out towards Brad's favorite climbing spot. Once we hiked the 2 km to the spot and set up our stuff, it started to pour. The look on Brad's face was so sad. So we headed back to town and found a beautiful spot on the water to drink a liter of Sanguira, the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day. We found some bikes that are available for free and we rode out along the coast. So it turned out to be a pretty good day after all. After we got back to town we were totally exhausted, but we had made plans to go out with one of the other researchers at the museum. We met for dinner in Biarro Alto, which a neighborhood in Lisbon, and were getting ready to go home and we came across a bar that had a Brazilian jazz band playing, so we decided to stop, have a few drinks and listen. We are having a wonderful time and seeing lots of amazing sights. Miss you and will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this and am so glad that you are feeling better, Katy! I only want sunny days and moonlit nights for you and Brad! And, I am so grateful that you all are sharing all these wonderful sights and times with us. I love you all!! Mom

    ReplyDelete