Thursday, June 18, 2009

Made it to Cinque Terre


We made it to Cinque Terre (and our little village, Manarola) yesterday, after a long day of traveling. Just when we thought we had endured the worst of it, the last 10 minute train ride to Manarola was delayed in a dark tunnel, with us in it, for almost 45 minutes. It was like seeing our dinner at the counter, but no one would deliver it to the table:) Today we had a nice lazy day hiking between Manarola and the next village over, Riomaggiore, as well as, lounging on the rocky "beach" in our village. This place is incredible! I was a little nervous when we were in Milan...it was a real dump compared to what I was expecting. But Manarola has outdone itself! Here is a picture of our village for everyone to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Brad, this village is fantastic!! It is absolutely picturesque!! I would never have dreamed that Italy would look like this--I always pictured flat land with olive groves! Thank you so much for this picture--Do the women look anything like me?! I get the heebeejeebies just thinking about being in a dark tunnel for 45 minutes!! Be safe, enjoy and I love you and Katy!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao!! Justin says, "man I should have married the younger sister."

    The village looks gorgeous and according to Wikipedia, on the italian riviera, and a Unesco Heritage site. Most impressive. I hope that Brad got his new speedo.

    xxx,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad, YOU are a WRITER!! I am so thankful for these accounts. Your Aunt Jo would be absolutely thrilled with your writing!! I picture what you are writing in my mind and it is so real-- I am so glad that you and Katy are having such a wonderful time! Be safe and I love you 2!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete